Monday 30 May 2011

Another week

Firstly, another 1.5kg lost, putting me down to 82kg - another 7kg to go for ultimate target and just 4lbs to go till the 4 stone mark (4 weeks to do it to have completed it in a year!)

guess that its just a case of same shit different week really. I felt pretty dreadful about everything early on in the week and self certified off work for those 3 days (already had Saturday booked off, to assist with a car boot sale that never happened) and just spent the time chilling out, being me and doing a little soul searching. Anyway, the upshot is that I've worked out how I can get a GP and how I can get things kicked off and get the help I sorely need - not just the gender stuff but the depression etc as well - heck, its all bundled up together.

I'm looking forwards to getting back to work tomorrow and dreading it in equal measure. Work gives me something to focus on and gives me a reason to get up in the morning but I know I'm going to get awkward questions from my colleagues, I should be pleased really as its them wanting to help. I feel that (the majority of) my colleagues really do care about me and what's going on with me and if there was something they could do, they would. I guess that's an enviable position but its tricky as well - I guess that I bring it on myself a little because I am open and talk freely about the gender stuff when asked so people do ask but I'd far rather that than there being a dirty little whisper going around the office or feeling restricted in what I do to traditional male role things (I love sorting my nails out at my desk etc.)

This is going to be a weird week, but I have high hopes for it. 3 short days of training (9-5) and 1 normal day (10.45-8) but changing all of my days off etc. So when I return on Friday evening, I will hopefully have achieved 1) a good night out tomorrow 2) an interesting an educational week at work 3) and perhaps most important, be in the course of getting a GP registration - but that depends on bank paperwork arriving! I will be returning though to a car (rover) needing work with no MOT so thats going to be a bit of a downer.

On Sunday, I am going for an interview with Brighton Hospital Radio, I figure its a good way for me to get out a bit more and to mix in different circles and I've always had a bit of a fascination for radio, so it should pique my interest but we shall see.

Danni Out x

No comments:

Post a Comment