Monday 27 June 2011

Another week goes by.

I really didn't feel upto posting last night, so I'm doing it today. Just to get the obligatory bit out of the way, weight 83.8kg so a small loss. I've decided to take a "diet break" in July and not really worry too much about what I eat, what exercise I do etc etc so the next weigh in will be on July 31st - It'll be interesting to see what the difference is. I'm doing it partially because I want to see how well I can cope without hopping on the scales regulary and also because I feel that July is going to be a paticuarly stressful month anyway and its one less layer of stress.

Last week I set myself 3 targets:

Speak to GP properly
Prepare Rover for MOT
Look seriously at bedsits and do appropriate sums.

Sadly, I've had problems at the GP's - my new patient appointment was cancelled and they didn't let me know - GRRR! So thats a fail BUT I do have an appointment with the doc tomorrow instead so its not an epic fail.

Rover - Its as sorted as its going to be, apart from one wheel which needs swapping - but thats only a 5 minute job. The floor is welded up, the suspension pumped up and the battery fully charged. Now I've just got to see what it fails on!

I've not done the sums for somewhere to live, but I've done some estimations and come up with a maximum figure of £450 a month including bills and thats just not realistic for a bedsit, however small and crappy so I've been looking at easyroommate daily to see whats available on a houseshare/lodger basis. I was badly let down by the couple at work who were going to rent a room - they "forgot" about me apparently - grrrr. I've sent off a couple of messages to people but got pretty much nowhere so far - I'll keep trying. I have to!

Over the last week I have been all over the place emotionally and had a bit of a breakdown on Friday, all because I couldn't find safety specs, I spent the best part of 2 hours crying in the kitchen and posting misery on various messageboards. I was feeling frustrated, useless and dejected. This is all stuff that I need to try and get across to the GP tomorrow. I think that I need to bring up

1. Gender Issues & Self Med
2. Depression, caused by above and by living situation and hating job
3. Struggling to function sometimes because of the above
4. Sleep problems

If the doc wants to sign me off work for a week/fortnight I'm going to refuse it just doesn't make sense to me - work is the smallest of the small problems. I can see it might make a bit more sense if he decides to sign me off on a bit more of a long term basis i.e more than a month then it might make a bit more sense.

Anyway, hopefully getting things off my chest to the doctor will herald a new era and set the happiness ball rolling, but somehow I doubt it.

Tasks for this week

1. Get to the surgery and get things out there.
2. Fix Morris Speedo / Horn - if cannot be fixed then ascertain reason for problem so parts can be obtained
3. Continue looking for somewhere to live, check easyroommate daily and contact all prospectives.
4. Talk to parents about moving out. I've told them that I'm looking but they dont seem to have twigged.

Anyway, lets see how the week goes. Danni out.

No comments:

Post a Comment