Monday 8 August 2011

Further steps

Well, I wasn't able to post on Sunday, time just wouldn't allow....

Last week was a bit odd really. I had a liason with a chap on Monday night and it left me spinning out a little bit and I ended up not going into work for the rest of the week. Didn't really do much other than think and wonder about where I was going and what I wanted from things and relationships etc. It really drove home to me that I dont want, and can't really handle casual flings. Lesson learned anyway.

Had to deal with the folks over the weekend as it was Dads birthday, which was stressful, not to mention the uncle, aunt ADHD 9yr old and the sisters birthday but I got through it relatively unscathed.

The BIG news though, is that I had my psychiatrists appointment today and I was BRICKING IT. I opted to go in a casual guise, flats, scoopneck black top, jeans and a maroon & black scarf (which I have only recent bought but LOVE) and I wound up getting there 25 minutes early.

The psych was absolutely brilliant, I felt really comfortable in his presence and it seemed that all the questions were relevant, appropriate and easily discussed (apart from the one about erectile function....)

Anyway, half an hour down he remarked that I seemed to be incredibly well sorted, knew what I wanted, needed and what I needed to do get there and referred me to Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic (CX GIC) its a pain though, as the waiting list is long - potentially up to six months. Its another small step, but a massive leap forwards another big, scary one, but I really cant wait to get that letter confirming it in my hand.

This is one very happy Danni posting. Peace out x

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for you that you get that letter quickly!

    ReplyDelete